Relentless, fearless & daring describes Sheikh Mohammed Bin Abdulla Al Thani. His adventurous nature embodies the Michael Allenova Man!
Al Thani was born June 16, 1982 to the Qatar Royal Family through his father Abdullah bin Mohammed Al Thani (Sharjah). He also belongs to the Sharjah Royal Family by his paternal grandmother, sister of the current Emir of Sharjah.
Al Thani is a businessman, motivational speaker and well known public figure in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates (UAE). He is Chairman of the Department of Statistics and Community Development in the Emirate of Sharjah in the UAE. He holds several positions in a variety of companies. In addition, he is involved in many business ventures like travel and tourism. In August 2007, he founded travel website Musafir.com.
Al Thani’s is well known for his adventurous side:
- Climbing the highest mountain in the world, Mount Everest at an altitude of 8,848 m in Nepal (May 22, 2013);
- Climbing the Seven highest Summits of the seven continents by successfully scaling Mount Denali in Alaska, North America at an altitude of 6,190 m (June 2, 2016);
- Climbing Mt. Aconcagua in South America at an altitude of 6,962 m (January 5, 2013).
- Climbing Mt. Elbrus the tallest peak in Europe at an altitude of 5,642 in Russia (August 28, 2012).
- Conquering Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania twice at an altitude of 5,963 m (February 25, 2010 & November 12, 2011 respectively)
- Climbing Vinson Massif, the highest mountain in Antarctica at an altitude of 4,897 m (December 25, 2012);
- Summited Mt. Kosciuszko in Australia at an altitude of 2,228 m (October 11, 2012); and
- Climbing Mont Blanc at an altitude of 4,810 m (September 10, 2011.)
In addition, Al Thani became the first Qatari to “Ski the last degree” to the South Pole, “the bottom of the world in commemoration of Qatar’s National Day. His other pursuits include trekking in Nepal, participating in high-speed boating events and taking part in the famous Gumball3000 Rally.
Get to know Al Thani a little more through the responses below:
What inspired you to start Musafir.com?
I was travelling a great deal since I was young child with my parents, then on adventure travel to many exotic countries around the world with my friends which then turned into extreme adventure travel and pushing my limits to the maximum by scaling the Seven highest summits of the Seven continents all the way to the Roof of the World “Mount Everest”! Travel for me has always been the air that I breathe where I get to know better my true self and connect with interesting people and cultures and engage in community philanthropy charity projects.
I'm a dreamer with a vision and I always knew that I was going to achieve one day something great in my life. I turned my passion for travel to a business in August 2007 by starting Musafir.com pronounced moo-saa-fir) which means “traveler” in Arabic. Today it became the UAE first premium-experience travel website with over 3,000 flights destinations, hotel stays in over 85,000 properties around the world, holiday experiences and much more.
What inspired you to get involved in Gumball Rally Racing?
I was fond of cars since childhood and I became a car collector at a young age. Gumball Rally is a colorful Racing event which inspired me to participate in it not only because of cars racing but also because it’s an international event which requires planning and preparation for it, ahead of time, by coming up with new innovative selected creative designs which inspire me for the car that I choose for each Gumball rally. I like to get involved in the Gumball Rally race every now and then because it combines Rally racing, Art Design, Travel with friends to new destinations, music, entertainment and fashion along the way.
What are your 3 greatest accomplishments?
- Scaling the Seven highest Summits of the Seven Continents.
- Skiing to the last degree” to the South Pole.
- Successfully leading from 2nd to 12th October 2014, the “Elevate to Educate” fundraising trip for a group of 12 young Qataris to the Summit of Kilimanjaro and raised 2.2m Riyals to build a school in Gaza.
How do you feel about Fashion?
I am passionate about fashion because artistic expression is poured in it from the designer’s heart and soul, being able to create and express emotions from within the present time and trends is a gift - the gift of creating be it fashion designing, painting, interior designing, sculpting, photographing, composing by putting chords and notes together, singing and writing poetry.
I love fashion and I always look into how the trendy fashion designers communicate and integrate their inspired designs with fusion. I like to control the way in which I come across people from my own culture and other cultures to project my image depending on my feelings and the situation.
Check out Al Thani’s latest conquest to climb Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (February 23, 2018 through March 3, 2018) on his social media accounts: www.moealthani.com : www.instagram.com/moealthani : https://www.facebook.com/moealthani